Concrete is not waterproof, and neither is the plaster coat or the mortar and grout used in coping and tile applications. Moisture that migrates into and through a pool shell is very destructive to the structure. Soluble salts in the concrete move with the water and present as efflorescence. Moisture in concrete combines with oxygen and corrodes the reinforcing steel, causing the steel to expand and crack the concrete, as does Freeze/Thaw Cycles. Leeching of the pool chemicals through the shell wall into our environmentally fragile ground water supply has raised much concern.
Fortunately, we’re able to proactively address all of these issues with the use of Aquron products. No other product comes close to protecting the concrete and extending the life of your pool like the products from Aquron Aquatics. More info here: http://www.aquron.com/full-service-dealers/aquatic-division.
APSP members adhere to a code of ethics in business and technical practices and share a strong commitment to the safe, healthful, and enjoyable use of industry products.
The APSP effectively replaced another well-known industry organization known as “National Pool and Spa Institute” or NSPI in 2006.
More information at www.APSP.org.
APSP Member Code of Ethics
All members of The Association of Pool & Spa Professionals agree to observe and be dedicated to the following principles and policies:
- To promote the concepts of free enterprise and service to the public and the industry.
- To strive continually to gain respect for the industry, both in the local community and on the regional and national levels.
- To contribute to the health, safety and welfare of the public in the installation, maintenance and operation of swimming pools, spas and hot tubs, and to comply with applicable laws, ordinances and regulations.
- To support efforts to improve swimming pool, spa and hot tub products and services, and to encourage research and development of new materials, techniques and methods.
- To avoid statements which will mislead customers in advertising and other efforts to sell products.
- Dependable Service
- Honesty In Advertising
- Honest Business Practices
- Reliable Complaint Handling Procedures
Examples of services provided by the BBB are Business Reliability Reports, Dispute Resolution, Truth-in-Advertising, Consumer and Business Education and Charity Review.
To be a member of the BBB, an applicant must:
- Be invited to apply for membership by a staff person or Director of the Bureau.
- Be actively engaged in business, in the BBB’s service area, for no less than 6 months.
- Supply background information about the company, its principals or other information deemed essential to the BBB.
- Cooperate with the BBB’s activities and efforts to promote voluntary self-regulation within the business industry.
- Adhere to established BBB standards of advertising and selling, including the Code of Online Business Practices for online businesses that apply for the BBBOnLine Reliability logo, and cooperate with the BBB in matters relating thereto.
- Promptly respond to any and all complaints forwarded by the BBB, and make good faith efforts to resolve all such complaints in accordance with generally accepted good business practices.
- Comply with any decisions rendered through the Bureau’s or an alternative provider’s binding arbitration program.
- Eliminate the underlying causes of patterns of consumer complaints that the BBB may call to the company’s attention.
- Be free from an unsatisfactory report at the BBB in whose service area the company is headquartered.
- Be free from any governmental action concerning the marketplace and its customers that demonstrates a significant failure of the company to support the principals and purposes of the BBB.
- Support the principles and purposes of the BBB and not engage in any activity that reflects unfavorably on the BBB and its members.
- Refrain from using the name or logo of the BBB for commercial, sales or advertising purposes in any manner not specifically authorized in writing by the BBB.
- Promptly notify the Bureau of any changes in ownership, licensing status, addresses, telephone numbers, web site and any other information deemed necessary by the Bureau.
- Fulfill all licensing and bonding requirements of applicable city, county, state and federal agencies and authorities, and provide license numbers upon application for BBB membership and provide periodic updates on request of the BBB.
Businesses earning the right to be included in this organization have a strong reputation of taking care of their customers. More information at: Better Business Bureau
Better Business Bureau Recognizes Aquascapes, LLC with another “Pinnacle Winner” Award for 2014
In May 2014, Aquascapes, LLC, received the “Pinnacle Winner” Award for the second year in a row at the Better Business Bureau Awards for Excellence luncheon in Houston.
The BBB Awards for Excellence recognizes businesses and non-profits for their achievements and commitment to overall excellence and quality in the workplace. Proceeds from the event help fund the BBB Education Foundation which educates consumers about scams and fraudulent business practices in the Greater Houston area.
When asked what it means to Aquascapes, LLC. to receive this recognition, Walter Prescott, states “We work hard to provide top notch service to our customers and clients and it is an honor to be recognized for our efforts.”
Carecraft was created for consumers to ensure the highest quality in all aspects of pool design & construction. When you invest in a Carecraft member company, you are assured of the finest equipment and experienced workmanship, all at a price that is tailored to your budget and lifestyle.
CPO® certification courses are designed to provide individuals with the basic knowledge, techniques, and skills of pool and spa operations. It covers 14-16 hours of information from the NSPF® Pool & Spa OperatorTM Handbook (provided) and local codes taught by an NSPF® Instructor.
Instructors receive comprehensive training and certification to teach the CPO® certification program. These instructors represent every segment in the aquatic industry including operators, health officials, service professionals, builders, manufacturers, property managers, retailers, and academicians. The training these instructors provide has helped protect millions of swimmers by reducing hazards at aquatic facilities.
The CPO® program is widely accepted by health departments. More information at www.nspf.org/Two_Day_Class.html.
Jandy® pool and spa products are designed to let you spend time enjoying your pool and spa, rather than maintaining it. From their award-winning control systems and pool and spa heaters to waterfalls, automatic cleaners, and more, Jandy® products offer the convenience, performance and advanced technology you demand.
More information about Jandy at http://www.jandy.com/html/company.
Though incorporated in 1965, the Greater Tomball Area Chamber of Commerce was first organized in the 1920s. Our Chamber has an excellent reputation for representing the interests of our members. And the Greater Tomball Area Chamber of Commerce is recognized throughout Texas for its passionate advocacy for the community.
People join a Chamber of Commerce for different reasons. Some people want the chance to network with other business and community leaders. Some welcome the publicity that active involvement in Chamber activities can generate about their own business. Some people want the opportunity to have a role in community affairs. The Greater Tomball Area Chamber of Commerce works hard to help our members achieve any and all of these objectives.
The Chamber has a core of active volunteers who are committed to fulfilling the Mission of the Chamber. Through their participation, they achieve, and help other members achieve, the objectives listed above. These volunteers lead and serve on the key committees and task forces. The Chamber’s programs are divided into four major categories: Economic Development, Membership Development, Community Services and Special Events.
More information at www.tomballchamber.org.
The company’s comprehensive product lines are marketed under the leading brand names of Baracuda®, Jandy®, Nature2®, Polaris®, and Cover-Pools®. Zodiac is the leading provider of premium, innovative pool and spa products and is committed to designing and producing the most energy efficient, earth-friendly pool products and systems available.